Should I transfer my UK pension if I am resident in France?
If you are a tax resident in France, retired in France or thought about moving to France, you may have asked yourself “What should I do with my UK pension?”.
We have just updated our Taxation in France for Expats page with plenty of fresh information as of Jan 2021, to help keep you in the know about tax legislation in France. CLICK HERE to go to the page.
There are many things to take into account which can see seen below:
- Am I classified as tax resident in France?
- Do I have UK pension assets in excess of £75,000?
- How much risk am I currently taking and how much should I ideally be taking?
- How can I withdraw my pension in EUR if it is denominated in GBP?
- What is my income tax liability?
- Do I want flexibility?
- How do I know I can trust a financial adviser and what do I look for?
If any of the above raises some questions in your own mind, then you should seek financial advice. We can help in areas such as:
- Helping you understand if you qualify to be able to transfer to alternative options
- Helping you understand what options are available
- Helping you understand what investments meet your risk profile and which would most align your investment goals
- Advising you on how you can reduce your income tax liability
- Giving you advice on whether you should leave you pension where it is or transfer it to a SIPP or QROPS
CLICK HERE for our France page, where you can understand more about:
- Reporting on foreign assets
- Defining a French resident
- French tax position for residents
- Assurance Vie
- Capital Gains Tax and investment income
- Social Security Contributions
- Wealth Tax
- Succession and Gift Tax
- Corporation tax
- UK Pension Options
- Taxation on UK Pensions
- How do I avoid the 7.4% social charge?
- Taxation on Lump Sums
- QROPS in France
Fortunately, our initial consultation is FREE of charge with NO obligation.
Request your FREE call TODAY to find out how you can benefit from our services
What does a call include?
- Explain our service to you
- See what areas we cover in your jurisdiction
- Find out what your financial objectives are
- Provide Recommendations