The South African Revenue Service (SARS) has a very similar tax system to the UK, although there are subtle differences which need to be understood by all Expats who are residing there. Over 215,000 British expatriates are living in South Africa hence, it is important to understand how pensions are taxed, as this could significantly change the amount of tax that you have to pay. The South African tax legislation changes annually; we, therefore, update our records regularly to ensure the information we provide for Expats is applicable today. The areas we will cover include:
- Defining a South African Resident.
- South African Tax Position for Residents.
- South African Tax Rebates.
- South African Tax Thresholds.
- South African tax position for non-residents.
- Capital Gains Tax.
- Investment Income Tax
- Rental Income Tax
- Donation Tax (Gift Tax)
- Estate Duty (Inheritance Tax)
- Corporation tax.
- How Pensions Are Taxed in South Africa.
- UK Pensions.
- Transferring to a SIPP for South African Residents.
It is important to note that the information provided on this website is just a guide hence before making any decisions it is always advisable to a specialist tax adviser.