Should I Transfer My UK Pension to a SIPP or QROPS If I Am Resident in Germany?
If you are a tax resident in Germany, retired in Germany, or thought about moving to Germany, you may have asked yourself “What should I do with my UK pension?”.
We have just updated our Taxation in Germany for Expats page with plenty of fresh information, to help keep you in the know about tax legislation in Germany. CLICK HERE to go to the page.
There are many things to consider which can be seen below:
- Am I classified as a tax resident in Germany?
- Is my overseas income taxed in Germany?
- How much risk am I currently taking and how much should I ideally be taking?
- How can I withdraw my pension in EUR if it is denominated in GBP?
- How does inheritance tax work in Germany?
- Do I want flexibility?
- How do I know I can trust a financial adviser and what do I look for?
If any of the above points raise questions for you, then you should explore the options that a financial adviser can offer. We at SJB can help in areas such as:
- Understanding whether you qualify to be able to transfer to alternative options
- Figuring out the options available for your own individual situation
- Showing you an investment profile that fit your investment goals, objectives, and risk profile
- Advising you on how you can reduce your income tax liability
- Giving you advice on whether you should leave your pension where it is or transfer it to a SIPP or QROPS
CLICK HERE for our Germany page, where you can understand more about:
- Reporting for foreign assets.
- Defining a Germany Resident
- Germany Tax Position for Residents
- Tax relief for German Residents
- German Tax Position for Non-Residents
- Social Contributions in Germany
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and Dividends
- Inheritance and Gift Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Corporation Tax
- Options with your UK pension
- Leave your Pension where it is
- SIPPs in Germany
- QROPS in Germany
- Problems with QROPS
- Overseas Transfer Charge
Fortunately, our initial consultation is FREE of charge with NO obligation.
Request your FREE call TODAY to find out how you can benefit from our services
What does a call include?
- Explain our service to you
- See what areas we cover in your jurisdiction
- Find out what your financial objectives are
- Provide Recommendations